Sunday, 24 November 2013

Beguinning the Process


For Olio this year, we were each given a phrase to kickstart our work for this module,
Mine was "Think of the Radio".
From this I started thinking into ways I could communicate this phrase into a piece of narrative illustration, this was the list I originally wrote down in my notebook:

- Think of instructions to change an existing idea.
- Part of a dialogue
- Starting point for a discussion
- Title for a short Narrative
- Free Association
- Visualising Sound
- Progression of the radio
- Radio Times
- Radio WAves
- Reception
- Transmission
- EVP's
- Radio Show
- Finished musical Piece on the radio
- Radio Energy



I really liked the idea of Radio connecting people and so I decided to look into how radio broadcasts can be transmitted to different people around the world. I also wanted to look into the history of the radio.


I began making some thumbnails of possible ideas. looking at Nichola  Tesla and his contribution to wireless radio, Morse code and how Radio connects people and radio transmissions .


                  

There are some of the sketches I did to plan out simple olio roughs .











No comments:

Post a Comment